SEAOIL Group of Companies was founded by Mr. Francis C. Yu with his wife Josefina
Partnered with Paramins, one of the world's biggest lubricant additive suppliers, to develop the most advanced lubricants in the Philippine market.
Opened its first depot facility in Mandaluyong, to serve industrial requirements for the storage of petroleum and petroluem-based products
First independent company to open a gasoline service station after the oil industry's deregulation
Became the first oil company to manufacture affordable sachet packaging for 2-stroke motorcycle oil
- Launched Extreme 97, the revolutionary gasoline product that offers extreme engine performance at 97 octane while being environment-friendly and affordable compared to other high-octane gasoline products
- Received the Franchise Marketing Campaign of the Year Award (Non-Food Category) in the Franchise Excellence Awards organized by the Philippine Franchise Association in cooperation with DTI, PCCI and PRA
- Named the Best in Franchising Support by Entrepreneur Magazine in its Annual Franchise Awards
- Introduced the 2nd Generation of the SEAOIL Express Station, a breakthrough in modern station construction as it offers an efficient mix of aesthetics and functionality at a reasonable investment package
- Received the Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2000) certification from Geneva-based International Organization of Standards
- Elevated to the Franchise Excellence Awards' Hall of Fame for having won the Outstanding Filipino Franchise of the Year Award for two years in a row (2006 & 2007). The Franchise Excellence Awards is being organized by the Philippine Franchise Association (PFA), the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) and the Philippine Retailers Association (PRA)
- Recognized as Outstanding Retailer of Petroleum Product for five consecutive years by the Consumers Union of the Philippines (2004-2008)
- Honored by Entrepreneur Magazine with three of five awards in its 2008 Franchise Awards. SEAOIL received the Best Local Franchise, Best Franchise Support and Most Promising Franchise (Revenue Growth) awards
- Launched Price Lock prepaid fuel cards, another industry-first from SEAOIL, to shield motorists from continuously escalating oil prices in 2008
- First to develop E85 fuels (a blend of 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline)
- Recognized as the Outstanding Filipino Franchise of the Year in the 2006 Franchise Excellence Award, given by the Philippine Franchise Association (PFA), the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) and the Philippine Retailers Association (PRA)
- Recognized as the Outstanding Retailer of Petroleum Product in the 19th Annual National Consumers Award organized by the Consumers Union of the Philippines
- Launched SEAOIL 4T Power – a premium grade motor oil for 4-stroke motorcycle engines
- Introduced SEAOIL Express Station, the fast and easy way to own a gasoline station franchise
- Inducted as a regular member of the Philippine Franchise Association (PFA), the Association of Filipino Franchisers Inc. (AFFI) and the Philippine Retailers Association (PRA)
- Recognized as the Outstanding Retailer of Petroleum Product in the 18th Annual National Consumers Award organized by the Consumers Union of the Philippines
- Opened its 100th station
- Pioneered the use of ethanol as a gasoline blend in the country and first to offer E10
- Awarded “Outstanding Gasoline Station” by the CUP for second straight year
- Joined the Fuels for Life Movement of SEDP-USAID and The Philippine Biodiesel Alliance (TPBA) to promote the development and use of biofuels in the Philippines
- Signed an agreement with the Automobile Association of the Philippines (AAP) to promote and use E10 in their car racing activities
- Awarded “Top Gasoline Station” and “Top Gasoline Engine Oil Brand” by the 2004 National Consumers
- Pioneered the discount lane through our Loyal Biyahero program for our valued patrons
- First to launch 2004 Clean Air Act-compliant diesel (Pure Diesel)
- First to introduce Diesel Lubricating Oil exceeding the API CI-4 standard in the Philippine market
- First oil company to introduce Clean Air Act-compliant unleaded gasoline
- Partnered with ABS-CBN Bantay Kalikasan in support of environment conservation thru its program Bantay Usok
- Opened its first station in Mindanao
- Opened its 50th gasoline station
- SEAOIL launched the #FuelPHtoRecovery campaign to help the country recover from the pandemic through initiatives that support front liners, stakeholders, and the general public.
- In line with the campaign, SEAOIL partnered with the revolutionary app PriceLOCQ that allows fuel consumers to lock fuel prices while they are low, and load them later at participating SEAOIL stations. This gives customers the power over when they buy fuel and how much they buy.
- The company earmarked Php 10 million to support the country’s efforts to fight COVID-19, offering free fuel and discounts to support frontliners from hospitals, local government units, and transport groups.
- SEAOIL opened its 500th station in San Antonio, Pasig, beating the wider business downturn resulting from the pandemic. With the opening of more stations, SEAOIL aims to generate local jobs, provide business for new franchise partners, and offer specialized promotions to serve the communities we operate in.
- At Rank 43, SEAOIL continues to climb up in the Top 1000 Corporations in the Philippines being published annually by BusinessWorld. The company first broke through the Top 50 in 2017 at Rank 47.
- SEAOIL received the Asia Best Employer Brand Award for the 5th consecutive year.
- The company opened its biggest fuel bulk terminal to date in Irasan, Zamboanga del Norte.
- SEAOIL volunteered to be the first Philippine fuel company to comply with the Fuel Marking Program - an initiative of the Department of Finance that aims to curb oil smuggling and level the playing field for legitimate industry players like SEAOIL. The Fuel Marking Program will also help provide the government a clear pathway to revenue generation and economic growth.
- SEAOIL celebrated its 40th Anniversary and opened its 400th station in the same year.
- The company entered into a strategic partnership with Caltex Australia Petroleum Pty. Ltd., which has acquired a 20% equity interest in SEAOIL.
- SEAOIL won in the prestigious ASEAN Business Awards for the Priority Integration Sector (Energy).
- SEAOIL launched a product quality campaign that articulates the reasons that motorists should become #SEAOILBelievers: firstly, our fuels are imported from modern refineries in Japan, South Korea, and Singapore. Secondly, we conduct we conduct product testing at our stations at least three times daily to ensure the quality and integrity of fuels inside the underground tanks. Lastly, SEAOIL fuels are powered with STP additives – a renowned fuels additive brand in the United States.
- SEAOIL launched the first of its kind promo in the whole world - the Lifetime Free Gas Promo. For every P500 gas up, customers have the chance to win a lifetime supply of free fuel at the raffle draws, as well as instant prizes in the peel-off cards.
- The first fuel station along the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX) was opened by SEAOIL. It is also the company’s first branch along an expressway.
- SEAOIL was awarded as 2015 Asia Best Employer Brand by Employer Branding Institute, World HRD Congress, Stars of the Industry Group and Asian Confederation of Businesses. The award is conferred to SEAOIL for being among the Best Employers in Asia who create a culture of contribution and innovation at work, believes in consistent improvement in HR Policy by measuring organizational health and inculcating values that help to achieve the company's vision.
- Top Importer - Port of Cebu
- SEAOIL held the ceremonial groundbreaking with CityMall, the commercial arm of property developer Double Dragon, along the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX) in Concepcion, Tarlac where its first Mega Station will rise by end of 2016.
- The Association of Filipino Franchisers, Inc. (AFFI) recognized SEAOIL as its 2014 Franchise Excellence Awardee. SEAOIL franchisee Mary Ann Guallar was also recognized by the organization as a Franchise Enabler Awardee, having contributed to increasing the company's volume and retail presence in Rizal area.
- SEAOIL is inducted into Entrepreneur Philippines Franchise Awards Hall of Fame.
- SEAOIL further enhanced the quality of its fuel products by partnering with the world-renowned fuel additives brand - STP. SEAOIL's friction-busting fuels are now powered with STP additives, which are recognized world-wide to effectively rid engine of carbon deposits to bring it back to its optimum performance level.
- SEAOIL launched its first co-branded credit card, in partnership with Diners Club and SB Cards. The Diners Club-SEAOIL Credit Card boasts of the highest introductory rebate rate at 7% until March 12, 2014.
- SEAOIL President and CEO Francis Glenn Yu was recognized as one of the 2013 MVP Bossings
- Signed the Integrity Pledge, thereby becoming part of the Integrity Inititative - a private sector-led campaign that promotes ethical and fair business practice
- SEAOIL's innovative trade deal structure with J.P. Morgan, which reduces cost of importation for SEAOIL, won in the Asset Triple A Transaction Banking Awards
- Cebu and Iloilo's Top Importer in 2012
- Inaugurated the SEAOIL Guimbal Depot in Iloilo
- Awarded as one of the Fastest Growing Franchises by Entrepreneur Magazine
- SEAOIL Foundation, Inc. was instituted
- SEAOIL closed the year with over 250 stations
- Awarded as one of Philippine's Top Importers in 2011
- Cebu's Top Importer in 2010 and 2011
- Inaugurated the SEAOIL Bulk Fuel Terminal in Bacolod
- Launched 200th station located in Plaridel, Mandaue, Cebu
- Received the Outstanding Environmental Management Program Award in the 2011 Franchise Excellence Awards by the Philippine Franchise Association
- Received a Special Citation for Consumer Advocacy in the Franchise Awards 2011 by Entrepreneur Magazine
- Became an Exemplary Member of the Association of Filipino Franchisers, Inc. (AFFI)
- Mr. Francis Glenn Yu, President & CEO, became a finalist at the 2011 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Philippines
- Best Homegrown Franchise in the Entrepreneur Magazine Franchise Awards
- Launched the SEAOIL Fleet Care Card, a post-paid payment platform which provides interest-free credit up to 45 days and the convenience of customizable restrictions on a per card basis
- The CARES Idol Program for the CARES Coaches and station crew was launched.
- The SHARK Scholarship program was launched with its first batch of scholars.